We know that family life can be a bit chaotic at times. That’s why we’re proud to offer family appointment blocks for your convenience. No need to make multiple trips to the dentist – get everyone in, out, and back to your busy schedules in a single visit. Our office is conveniently located and we offer early morning and evening appointments to better accommodate you and your family’s needs.
Pediatric dentistry is important in setting the stage for healthy adult teeth to grow in properly for a lifetime of happy, healthy smiles. All of our team members are friendly and gentle and love working with kids to make their first dental experiences anything but scary. Some of our pediatric services include:
Caring for baby teeth
- You should start cleaning your baby’s gums before teeth come in. Gently wipe them using a warm wet rag or baby brush after feeding.
- Bring your baby in to see us as soon as their first tooth emerges, which is usually around 1 year of age.
- Use a children’s toothbrush (soft bristle, small head, large handle) and a small amount of fluoride toothpaste.
- You should brush your child’s teeth for them until they are able to hold the brush themselves.
- Continue to supervise brushing until they are able to rinse and spit without assistance, usually around age 6.
- Maintain your regular, twice yearly visits at Whalen Dentistry.
Give us a call!
Make the right decision for your family’s health and come see us! If you have any questions about family or pediatric dentistry, or would like to schedule an appointment with your Cornelius dentist – Dr. Ryan S. Whalen at Whalen Dentistry – give us a call today at (704) 621-4454 – New Patients or (704) 655-2292 – Current Patients.