Don’t panic, call us! (704) 610-2102
If you or someone you know has suffered from a traumatic dental injury or is experiencing severe tooth or mouth pain, don’t wait! The sooner you come see us the better your chances of recovery. That’s why we’re proud to provide emergency dental services the same day.
Schedule an Appointment
What is a “dental emergency”?
If you are unsure of whether your case qualifies as an emergency, here are some of the most common dental emergencies that we’re happy to treat the same day:
- Tooth knocked out
- Periodontal abscess
- Severe pain
- Signs of infection (pus in the mouth)
- Severe bite to lips or tongue
- Hole in the cheek or gums
Tooth knocked out?
If you’ve had a tooth knocked out, follow the steps below for the best chance at saving the tooth:
- Pick up the tooth by the crown (the part that is usually visible), NOT the root. The tooth should be handled carefully to minimize damage to the root.
- If dirty, gently rinse the tooth with water. Do not use soap or chemicals, do not dry the tooth or wrap in tissue or cloth.
- Replace the tooth back into the socket immediately, if possible. The quicker this happens the greater chance we have of saving it. Make sure the tooth is facing the right direction. Hold the tooth in place with your fingers or by biting down gently.
- If the tooth cannot be placed back in the socket, place it inside your mouth next to your cheek to keep it moist, or place in emergency tooth preservation liquid, or milk, NOT WATER.
Call us right away!
Don’t wait until tomorrow. The sooner we get you in to see Dr. Whalen the better your chances of full recovery. If you have any questions or need to schedule an emergency appointment with your Cornelius emergency dentist – Dr. Ryan S. Whalen at Whalen Dentistry – give us a call right away and we’ll do our best to see you as soon as possible.